Monday, April 03, 2006

Senior Night

My four-year run as a ballboy for the men's volleyball team came to an inauspicious end this past weekend. I handed my camera over to Natali, hoping to photodocument at least one small part of my lengthy tenure. As it turns out, she is not a very good photographer and I now have several digital depictions of royal blue blurs that I can only guess are me in the Smith Fieldhouse. Here is by far the best of the bunch, a keen representation of the comaraderie that was shared by Ben and I this year. Ben came out and showed a lot of enthusiasm and hustle and his efforts were greatly appreciated. While Ben's efforts were truly commendable, Bracken left shoes that could never be filled and was deeply missed by his ballboy counterpart, as well as by the players and fans. In a fitting tribute to all that we accomplished on the court together, no one made mention of us in their parting speeches and I left alone. (Well, at least on one of the nights).

2 Comments:

Blogger V said...

how can someone be bad at taking pictures? point and shoot? she ruined christmas.

3:30 PM  
Blogger bex said...

i hope that the shoes bracken left that could never be filled looked a lot like those sweet ones in the post right before this.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home